As the winter months approach, many business owners are looking for ways to save money on their electricity bills. In fact, the average office electricity bill tends to go up during the winter months. But, there are a few things that you can do to help keep your costs down! You may be surprised at how easy it is to lower your office electricity bill this winter! So, here are a few tips to help you out:
Get a Programmable Thermostat
A programmable thermostat can be a great way to save money on your office electricity bill. You can set it so that the temperature in your office is lower when no one is there and then raise it just before everyone arrives. This can help you save a lot of money, as you won’t be paying to heat an empty office. Here are a few other ways to use a programmable thermostat to save money:
- Set it so that the temperature is lower at night or when no one is in the office.
- Raise the temperature gradually before everyone arrives in the morning.
- Use the “away” setting when you know no one will be in the office for a prolonged period.
Invest in Some Insulation
Insulation is key when it comes to saving money on your office electricity bill. If your office is not well insulated, you’ll be paying a lot more to heat it during the winter months. You can add insulation to your office in a few different ways:
- Add weather stripping around doors and windows.
- Install insulating window film.
- Seal any cracks or gaps in the walls.
If you’re not sure if your office is well insulated, you can hire an energy auditor to come and take a look. They’ll be able to tell you where you need to add more insulation and what type of insulation will work best.
Use Less Electricity During Peak Times
Peak electricity times are usually between 6 pm and 9 pm. During these times, electricity rates are at their highest. So, if you can avoid using electricity during these times, you will definitely see a decrease in your bill. You can do this by turning off lights and electronics that you don’t need and making sure that your office is well-insulated.
You can also use a power strip for all of your electronics so that you can easily turn them all off at once. This can help you save a lot of money, as you won’t be paying to power something that you’re not using.
Get an Energy-Efficient Heating System
If your office heating system is outdated, it’s time to upgrade to a more energy-efficient model. A newer, energy-efficient system can save you a lot of money on your office electricity bill. Here are a few things to look for when you’re choosing a new heating system:
- Choose a system that is the right size for your office.
- Look for a system with an Energy Star label.
- Find a system with a good warranty.
There are a lot of great energy-efficient heating systems on the market, so you’re sure to find one that will work well for your office.
Your office heating system won’t run as efficiently if it’s not well-maintained. So, make sure to have it serviced regularly. This will help to ensure that it’s running at peak efficiency and won’t break down when you need it the most. There are many parts of the HVAC system that need to be regularly serviced to keep it running smoothly. For example, the furnace should be serviced every year; this includes:
- Checking the furnace filter and replacing it if it’s dirty.
- Inspecting the heat exchanger and having it cleaned if necessary.
- Lubricating all of the moving parts.
- Make sure that the venting system is clear and unobstructed.
Train Your Employees
Your employees can have a big impact on your office electricity bill. So, it’s important to train them on how to save energy. Here are a few things that you can do:
- Encourage them to turn off electronics and lights when they’re not in use.
- Make sure that they know how to properly adjust the thermostat.
- Inform them of the peak electricity times and encourage them to avoid using electricity during these times.
- Encourage them to dress warmly in the winter so that the office can be kept at a lower temperature.
There you go! These are just a few tips to help you lower your office electricity bill this winter. By following these tips, you can save a lot of money on your energy costs. So, don’t wait – start implementing these tips today!